I am using cakephp v2.5. I would like to convert an array into xml. The
array looks like this;

$Items = array(
    (int) 0 => array(
        'Item' => array(
            'id' => '2'
        )
    ),
    (int) 1 => array(
        'Item' => array(
            'id' => '4'
        )
    ))

To convert this array to xml, the following php code was run;

$xmlObject = Xml::fromArray(array('response' => $Items ));
echo $xmlObject->asXML();

Unfortunately, the following error was encountered;

Warning (2): SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 3: parser error :
Extra content at the end of the document [CORE\Cake\Utility\Xml.php, line 221]

I think I found the problem but still not have the solution. The output of
array('response'
=> $Items) returns a maximum depth reached message. Anyone can advise?

How can this array be converted into xml in php or cakephp (using cake's
built-in functions)?

---