Thank you Jeremy for getting back to me.  I do want to keep the security
salt  from the old installation. On this site I am the only one who logs
in.  But specifically will the error message affect my site.  I browsed the
database and the only encrypted number I thought it could be was the
password for the administrator. Is there somewhere I could add the security
salt to the database so that I no longer get the error message?  Or do I
just ignore? Thanks again.

On Friday, August 22, 2014 10:25:20 PM UTC-4, Dallas wrote:

> I installed a new version of Cakephp 2.5.3 and am migrating old files.
>  When I first set up I used a new security salt number then I changed to
> the salt number from the older version I was migrating because I read that
> I should do this.  Now I am getting this message:
>
> <http://cakephp.org/changelogs/2.5.3>
>
> *Notice* (1024): Please change the value of 'Security.salt' in
> APP/Config/core.php to a salt value specific to your application.
> [*CORE/Cake/Utility/Debugger.php*, line *846*]
>

> Is there a way I can correct this - or should I re-instal and put former salt
> value in so it gets set right?  Is there a way to correct this in the
> database?
>

> Thank you.
>
> Dallas

---