I am going to try this - I have been avoiding it because I host my site on
a shared server and I do not know how to use the console to bake the shells
or anything else.  So I will go back to youtube to watch how to videos.
 Any advice would be welcome - I am sure it is not hard - I am just a total
virgin.
Thanks

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:25:17 AM UTC-4, Dakota wrote:

> Hi Dallas,
>
> Have you tried running the CakePHP 2 upgrade shell?
>

> http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/console-and-shells/upgrade-shell.html#upgrade-shell
>
> It does about 90% of the "grunt" work for you, renames directories, moves
> files, search and replace things like $html to $this->Html, etc.
>
> On Thursday, 28 August 2014 02:25:13 UTC+2, Dallas wrote:
>>
>> one other thing Stephan, following a migration tutorial I didn't transfer
>> the old index.php from app/webroot/index.php - i kept the 2.5.3 clean
>> version.  Should I be bringing over code from the earlier version and addi
>> to 2.5.3 cake or just use the old version.  I am getting another error
>> regarding the dispatcher request response on that file?  Thank you for all
>> of your help. I am determined to get this back up.
>>
>> On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:50:44 PM UTC-4, Stephen S wrote:
>>>
>>> Also your index method is outside of your class, is this deliberate?

>>> --
>>> Kind Regards
>>>  Stephen Speakman

---