I sure would like to see all the methods and properties available to me
as I'm working with cakePHP. Autocomplete and some of that other stuff
would be nice, too. I tried the one from Zend, but it seemed to be a
bit of overkill for me. Do you use any sort of IDE? What one? Why?

I work with Macs (iBook and now a MacBook) and find myself using
TextMate for all my coding (PHP, Ruby, Perl and Python).  I used to be
a firm believer in using IDE's (I've used Eclipse, Zend Studio and
Komodo as well) but keep finding that my combo of a text editor that
can open up remote files and the ability to use a terminal on the
server I have to work on is the sweet spot for me.

I found that autocomplete didn't really save me a lot of time, but
having the ability to look up functions right in the editor is nice.
That's the strength of a good IDE.  Old habits die hard, and I find
myself going to www.php.net to look stuff up anyway instead of using
the built-in help.

Version control hooks are also good to have in an IDE, but I've used
command-line tools for version control for ages so again, I never use
them if they're built in.

Hope that helps.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard