On 12/22/06, keymaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It was/is commented. Any other suggestions?

Do you think the fact there is no domain name and I am accessing the
site as:

http://99.99.999.999/~accountname/

This should not be a problem.

(ie. using the ip) is a problem? What about php over cgi, is that an
issue?

It shouldn't be an issue whether or not PHP is running as a CGI binary
provided the PHP CGI binary is compiled with
--enable-force-cgi-redirect. My website is configured to run PHP as a
CGI binary and I have used it as a staging area for one CakePHP-based
project with mod_rewrite enabled. The project was also in a
subdirectory under the DOCUMENT_ROOT.

Have you tried uploading an unmodified CakePHP into your server's
DOCUMENT_ROOT? If not, try it and then say:

http://99.99.999.999/~accountname/pages/home

It *should* show the CakePHP default homepage for your installation.
If not, then there is something wrong with your server's setup.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

[?] http://abing.gotdns.com