Just in case you want to keep the controllers lean and all that authorize
code out of it in a central file,
you might be interested in taking a look
at
http://www.dereuromark.de/2011/12/18/tinyauth-the-fastest-and-easiest-authorization-for-cake2/

I always like to code DRY and with clear responsibilities.
Mark

Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2014 18:06:55 UTC+2 schrieb MarkB:

> Actually, it wasn't the *beforeFilter*... I had actually also not set up
> the access rights in my various controllers *isAuthorized *functions
>
> public function isAuthorized($user) {
> if (in_array($this->action, array('dashboard','edit','etcetera'))) {
> return true;
> }
> return parent::isAuthorized($user);
> }
>

> *I know... RTFM.*
>

> *:)*
>
> On Thursday, 25 September 2014 09:49:02 UTC+1, Dario Savella wrote:
>>
>> I think you will need to refer to the passed $user argument as shown in
>> the docs:
>> <http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/tutorials-and-examples/blog-auth-example/auth.html#authorization-who-s-allowed-to-access-what>
>>
>> public function isAuthorized($user) {
>>     // Admin can access every action
>>     if (isset($user['role']) && $user['role'] === 'admin') {
>>        return true;
>>     }
>>     // Default deny
>>     return false;