I had to do this, and what worked was something like this:

$contact = $this->Contacts;
$this->paginate = [
     'contain' => ['Histories' => [
                        'Events', 'Users', 'Linkups', 'Units'
                         ]
                  ],

     'sortWhitelist' => [

          'Histories.Events.name','Histories.Users.username'
     ]

 ];

$this->set('contact', $this->paginate($contact));

If you're doing pagination on associated tables, you need to specify a
whitelist of columns to sort on.

Then, in the template, you'll need to specify the columns you're
paginating. EG:
echo $this->Paginator->sort('Histories.Events.name', 'Events');

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:35:43 AM UTC+1, Radharadhya Dasa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this
>
>     public function view($id = null) {
>         $this->paginate = [
>             'contain' => ['Histories' => [
>                               'Events', 'Users', 'Linkups', 'Units'
>                                ]
>                          ]
>         ];
>         $contact = $this->Contacts->get($id, [
>             'contain' => ['Zips', 'Contactsources', 'Groups', 'Linkups',
> 'Users', 'Histories' => [
>
>               'Events', 'Users',
>
>               'Linkups', 'Units'
>
>               ]]
>         ]);
>         $this->set('contact', $this->paginate($contact));
>     }
>

> This gives me this error message:
> *Error: * Call to undefined method App\Model\Entity\Contact::alias()
> *File*
> /home/rrd/public_html/sanga/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Controller/Component/PaginatorComponent.php
>

> *Line: * 151
>
> Why?
>
> What I want is to have a table with history data what is paginated.
>
> rrd

---