I have added the translated files to the 1.2.x.x branch.

You can find the current ones here:
https://svn.cakephp.org/repo/branches/1.2.x.x/cake/locale/

I have also updated the .po files in each language that I have received with
all the strings that where not translated in the first file I uploaded. If
everyone who worked on those would be kind enough to grab the core.po file
for their language and update the translations. When you upload them to the
google group name them core_<lang>.po

For anyone else who would like to translate please grab the default.pot file
in the above URL.
If you translate this file and upload it to the google group name it
default_<lang>.pot

Please use http://translation.cakephp.org/languages as a reference for the
<lang>. Use Default unless your Locale is specific.

If you would like to be known as the maintainer include your email so I can
contact you and note in the reply if you want the email displayed in the
list.

Upload files here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/cake-php/files

Thank you again...