Hello Adam !

I am new to cakePHP but would like to follow your tutorial.   I downloaded
and unzipped to directory webtest/tree_behaviour/ .   Only the /app folder
appeared, so I copied the following from a working application.   /lib,
/plugins, .htaccess .  When I attempt to execute via
localhost/webtest/tree_behaviour I get the following error messages:

*Warning*: include(cake\bootstrap.php) [function.include
<http://localhost/webtest/tree_behaviour/function.include>]: failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in
*C:\Users\RedFox\Documents\webtest\tree_behaviour\app\webroot\index.php* on
line *77*

*Warning*: include() [function.include
<http://localhost/webtest/tree_behaviour/function.include>]: Failed opening
'cake\bootstrap.php' for inclusion
(include_path='C:\Users\RedFox\Documents\webtest\tree_behaviour;C:\Users\RedFox\Documents\webtest\tree_behaviour\app\;.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR')

in *C:\Users\RedFox\Documents\webtest\tree_behaviour\app\webroot\index.php*
on line *77*

*Fatal error*: Can't find CakePHP core. Check the value of
CAKE_CORE_INCLUDE_PATH in app/webroot/index.php. It should point to the
directory containing your \cake core directory and your \vendors root
directory. in
*C:\Users\RedFox\Documents\webtest\tree_behaviour\app\webroot\index.php* on
line *78*

When I check line 77 in index.php I see
    if (!include(CORE_PATH . 'cake' . DS . 'bootstrap.php')) {

The only bootstrap,php file appears in the /app/config/ directory   which
appears to be entirely made up of comments, no executable code, but this
comment does appear:
* This file is loaded automatically by the app/webroot/index.php file after
the core bootstrap.php is loaded

There is no cake/bootstrap.php in the directory app/webroot/  which was
produced from the zip file.

Can you help me get past this point ?

Regards

Lorne Dudley

On Monday, February 11, 2008 8:04:19 PM UTC-5, Adam Royle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just finished writing a tutorial that explains how to use the
> Tree Behavior, and edit the structure using drag and drop and ajax,
> with help from the Ext JS TreePanel component.
>

> http://blogs.bigfish.tv/adam/2008/02/12/drag-and-drop-using-ext-js-with-the-cakephp-tree-behavior/
>

> I appreciate any feedback you might have on this, or any questions you
> have on getting it working. It's my first real tutorial, but I have a
> few more tutorials in the pipeline so subscribe to my RSS feed.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam

---