Unknown bug in either setup or programming (not limited to Cake)

The combination: HP 15 Touchsmart Laptop w/ Win8.1  ------- Wamp Server 2.5
------ Cakephp 2.5.5

I have looked online for 2 days now. There is no solution.

Originally thought it was a mod-rewrite issue. Issue is that blog tutorial
"localhost/cakephp/posts/index" renders a 404 and port 80 page. Copy and
paste straight from cookbook, go back and add <?php....pray to jesus if you
like. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. In googling the posts/index issue looking for a
reasonable fix a thread on stackoverflow insisted it was a mod_rewrite
issue. I had hoped to avoid this but decided to tackle it. (yes I tried to
remove all 3 .htaccess and uncomment line 107 of core.php...cake hates this
so I reverted the changes)

First attempt...found AllowOverride none and changed to all (sprockets
flying everywhere) Tried to revert, wamp totally shredded, zero
functionality....had to reinstall. Carefully reread cookbook and only
altered the AllowOverride in the instance you listed leaving all other
AllowOverride instances alone. Had to add "Options FollowSymLinks" as that
is apparently foreign to Apache 2.4.9 but did place it exactly where it was
shown in cookbook.

On the Cake home page the mod_rewrite disclaimer has long since vanished
indicating that mod_rewrite was probably available PRIOR to all this
needless configuring.

Bottomline: Absolute standstill. With current setup Cakephp has 1%
functionality...it can display the homepage and nothing else. I take that
back "localhost/cakephp/fargo.php" still works. This was my one line "who
am i" php script copied straight from cookbook and named randomly. This
works, but then if I have to write everything outside of the framework what
is the point?

Background:
Why did I post here? Can't find a Cakephp forum. Has this exact problem
been solved before? Wouldn't know, I'm not good with google groups format
which you've chosen. I'm more experienced with querying forums for fast
answers. Google search (for once) is at a loss to provide an answer.

---