Hello Mark !

Thanks for this.  At first glance I do not see any difference between the
#L16 and the #L44 version.

I have loaded the #L44 version as /src/View/Helper/FornHelper.php.

I do not know where to place
Configure::write('FormConfig.novalidate', 'true');

I'm a cakePHP novice. Can you give me more detailed instruction ?
What I would like to achieve is to have the "novalidate" active for any
forms that might appear in the application.

How and where do I set up "Configure::write('FormConfig.novalidate', 'true'
);" so that it is called only on start-up ?

Regards

Lorne

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 2:45:21 PM UTC-5, euromark wrote:

> Lorne
> you can actually set a config on the user side when using sth similar I
> did in my plugin (since 2.x).
>
> You can either use my Tools plugin directly, or copy and paste the
> relevant part:
>
> https://github.com/dereuromark/cakephp-tools/blob/cake3/src/View/Helper/FormHelper.php#L16
>
> https://github.com/dereuromark/cakephp-tools/blob/cake3/src/View/Helper/FormHelper.php#L44
>
> You can disable it globally or locally via
> Configure::write('FormConfig.novalidate', 'true');
>
> then :)
>
> No need to mess with any templates in this case.
> Mark
>

> Am Freitag, 9. Januar 2015 17:50:54 UTC+1 schrieb Lorne Dudley:
>>
>> Hello José
>>
>> Thanks for the reference.  If I interpret the manual properly, I think it
>> wants me to store the custom widget under the
>> /vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/View/Widget/ directory structure  ?
>>
>> If this is correct then would the custom widget be wiped out every time I
>> did a "composer update" ?
>>
>>  I found this to be the case when I had managed to default the form
>> submission to "formnovalidate " using a different technique under the
>> /vendor structure.
>>
>>  In the FormHelper.php function widget() I added the line
>> unset($data['required']); // turn off HTML5 browser validation
>> after the line
>> unset($data['secure']);
>>
>> This was replace to the original (or updated) version when I did the
>> "composer update".
>>
>> What I was really hoping for was perhaps a method of setting a /config
>> option on the user side.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Lorne
>>
>> On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 11:28:48 PM UTC-5, Lorne Dudley wrote:
>>>
>>> I have finally found the method to turn off browser validation so that
>>> cakePHP can take control of the validation instead.
>>>
>>> This works for me.
>>>
>>>     <?= $this->Form->button(__('Submit'), array('formnovalidate' =>
>>> true)) ?>
>>>
>>> Rather than do this for every Form, is there any way to set this option
>>> for Forms globally on the user side ?
>>>
>>> Regards

---