One of the most simple scripts is maybe sth like

#!/bin/bash

echo "### INSTALL ###";

php composer.phar selfupdate

git pull

php composer.phar install --prefer-dist --no-dev --optimize-autoloader

echo "### CLEANUP ###";
rm -rf ./tmp/cache/models/*
rm -rf ./tmp/cache/persistent/*

echo ### DONE ###;
exit

Which is then called as "sh build.sh"
but you should change to the right user (probably www-data)

it can most likely also be triggered from some ssh connection.
If you do, you might also want to use "--no-interaction" for composer
install/update.
mark