Hello,

I've been having some problems with a findBy<field> function.

When I've called the method with a not empty string as argument, it
worked fine, but when I've passed an empty string, Cake generated the
query with the WHERE clause like:

WHERE (`User`.`username` = )

I've spent a bit of time searching for the problem cause in Cake
sources (a great benefit of open source software, you can explore it
yourself), and came up changing dbo_source.php line #1380 from:

if ($match['2'] != '' && !is_numeric($match['2'])) {

to:

if (!is_numeric($match['2']))

What solved the problem. Have anyone had a similar problem before?

I have commented all relations inside my model declaration. I'm running
PHP 5.2.0, MySQL 5.0.27 and CakePHP 1.1.11.4064.