Let's say I have a table Screenings that holds a number of different
screenings and profiles on different people. Then, I have an operation that
performs a background check on them (eg. a blacklist check that has no
database operations; just a bunch of curl API calls). Where should I place
the blacklist check function:

1. in Models/ScreeningTable? That's where I would've placed it in the past.
2. in a new vendor class? If I need to use cake functions (such as CakeLog)
would they still work if I have a use statement at the top?
3. in a plugin if I want to keep it isolated? If so, should I create a
create a plugin that holds all background check operations and in
BackgroundCheckTable inside the plugin?
4. where else?

In Cake2, I would've just placed it in the /Model/Screening.php file but
I'm curious what's the proper way to do it.

Thanks

---