The added security is in that the Presentation layer is what is exposed to
the world and is more vulnerable. In the event that the Presentation layer
is hacked, it would not have access to the Database layer. There is added
security in front of the Application layer (which has access to the
Database layer). The end user will never have direct access tot he
Application layer and therefore will essentially never have access to the
Database layer (which is even more locked down).

On Monday, January 22, 2007 at 9:55:20 AM UTC-7, dkarlson wrote:

> What are the perceived security risks involved in having the controller
> & models on the same server as the views?
>

> On Jan 22, 10:10 am, "dodik" <ludovic.nicol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, I know this is more a java-type of setup, but for security
> > reasons, I'd like to do this with cakePHP. Any ideas of mwhat I have to
> > do ?

---