There are a few ways to accomplish this:

First one:

// ArticlesTable.php
public function _initializeSchema($schema) {
    $schema->columnType('my_date_column', 'string');
}

That will remove all the converting back and forth for that specific
column. It will still be a date in the database, but cake will always treat
it as a string

Second One:
// bootstrap.php

\Cake\Database\Type::build('date', 'Cake\Database\Type');

This other option will disable the converting in the whole application....
But in any case, what are the reasons for disabling it?

On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 12:17:37 PM UTC+2, Aday Talavera wrote:

> It seems that the only way is to change column schema type from 'date' to
> 'string'.
>
> Maybe could be a good idea to have a function to do such changes on an
> easy way.
>
> El miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2015, 21:33:08 (UTC+1), Aday Talavera escribió:
>>
>> First off, sorry for the "question spam". I'm just posting all issues of
>> the last two weeks in a short period of time. I hope that this isn't
>> disturbing anyone.
>>
>> While trying to figure how to use combine with collections and entities
>> (is in other thread) I didn't found an easy way to avoid date / datetime
>> fields of DB been converted to Time instances.
>>
>> $query->hydrate(false);
>>
>> Didn't work, date / datetime field is also converted to a Cake/Time
>> instance
>>
>> There exists an easy way to avoid that conversion?
>>
>> I was forced to do something like this in the collection to use combine
>> or indexBy groupBy collection functions with date fields:
>>
>>             ->each(function ($entity){
>>                 $entity->dateStr = $entity->date->toDateString();
>>                 return $entity;
>>             })
>>             ->combine('dateStr', 'id')
>>             ->indexBy('dateStr')