Ok, in the meantime I managed to figure out the problem. My findings
are 100% in agreement to Trevor's message as quoted below. Indeed the
caching actually occured when loading data with loadVars (using the
serialize class from sephiroth.it) and appending a random parameter to
the server call (in the AS file) fixed it.

Once I switched to amfphp the caching problem was gone so I did no
longer need any parameter to prevent caching.

Hope this helps anyone who may be having the same problem in the
future.

On Dec 27, 6:22 am, "Trevor Burton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>