Hi,

Just installed cake 1.2.0.4206 two days ago. So far have not
encountered any problems with it.

I did however noticed the new validation class with a much wider range
of validation methods than before and would like to start using it.
However, since 1.2.x.x. documentation has not been released yet, I was
wondering if anyone knows how to properly use the new validation
methods.

Basically, if I want to check in my User model if a certain submitted
field (say 'username') is alphanumeric, what is the syntax for doing
this check in the User model?

Should I write something like $validate = array('username' =>
'alphanumeric');    ? Or is there a new syntax for doing this check in
cake 1.2.x.x.?

Thx and have a Happy New Year!