hello everyone , im having some weird problems going on with utf8 and
cakephp.

I have access to the my.cnf mysql configuration file and i have it like
this

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1
#utf8
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server=utf8
collation-server=utf8_general_ci
[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib
[mysqld_safe]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

But even with the utf8 directives my pages are not showing up
correclty, i need to put

        function __construct()
       {
               $this->execute("SET NAMES 'utf8'");
               parent::__construct();
       }

Inside the app_model for it to start working correctly, but i would
really like to use the mysql directives to get it working.

# mysqladmin variables | grep character
| character_set_client            | utf8
                  |
| character_set_connection        | utf8
                  |
| character_set_database          | utf8
                  |
| character_set_results           | utf8
                  |
| character_set_server            | utf8
                  |
| character_set_system            | utf8
                  |
| character_sets_dir              | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/

# mysqladmin variables | grep collation
| collation_connection            | utf8_general_ci
                  |
| collation_database              | utf8_general_ci
                  |
| collation_server                | utf8_general_ci

Can someone help me to understand what im missing :S

Thank you