On 1/1/07, Langdon Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This would mean no need to query Acos for findAll queries, other than at
login (at which time you select all of their Acos and store them in a
session or cache).

We will very quickly run out of memory if session is kept in memory,
if not reading large number of ACOs from cache/file based session
would be *almost* just as expensive as queries from a database.

After that it is just a matter of limiting the
number of Acos included in an IN () clause to a reasonable number,
possibly based on model type, or some other criteria.

As soon as we introduce 'some other criteria' the solution becomes app
specific. I am getting more and more inclined to believe that access
restriction to data will always have to be based on app specific
criteria.

Can anyone tell if the newly introduced Behaviours in 1.2 would be
helpful in this regard?

Cheers
Tarique