Dear Bakers,

As I'm rather new to the Cake concept, I would be very grateful for
some simple rules of thumb or links, concerning the following issue:

When it comes to PHP programming, my usual practice is to set up some
divs, into which I "include()" content based on simple GET vars.

A common example:

-> static header and footer divs
-> dynamic menu and content divs

-> structure of content loaded into "content div" could vary
dramatically, i.e. 2 column, 3 column etc.
-> data from many tables and functions must be accessible from each
included page

... and so on ...

... thank you for helping me migrating from an old-fashioned framework
of mind!