I have to agree this site looks really awesome, so congratulations from me to you for launching it. This and the launch of <http://ajaxian.com/archives/dishola-web-20-restaurant-guide> [ajaxian.com] a new site called Dishola <http://www.dishola.com/> [dishola.com] makes me really exited about what other cool sites are currently being developed with CakePHP. I can't await to see them all launch in 2007 ; ).

-- Felix Geisendörfer aka the_undefined
--------------------------
http://www.thinkingphp.org
http://www.fg-webdesign.de

Tijs Teulings wrote:

p.s. which datacenter did you pick? The site is very responsive from
europe...

Tijs

expatrick wrote:

http://lov.li is online - thanks very much to the cake development team
and everyone in #cakephp for your help. lov.li is a 'community art
market' - like flickr for art, crafts and handmade products. The site
allows blogging, groups, events, image management, video uploads with
transcoding into FLV,  tagging and geocoding. I'm not finished yet, but
I am getting great feedback from the users.

The platform is ubuntu dapper drake, php5, mysql5, and cake 1.1.12.4205
on a VPS at rimuhosting.

There's no way I could have done all this in the time it took without
cake - so thanks! If you have questions about anything you see on the
site, or if you have feedback, please let me know. There are links to a
bug and feature request system on the site. (tails, a hosted RoR bug
tracking app which is nice and lightweight).

And if you have anything to post on lov.li, please do!

Patrick