When dealing with ajax and cake, usually you use ajax to update a part
of your screen. For this you would use an initial view that contains
the div and whatever HTML you want in it (can also be empty).
To update that div you would create another view that will just contain
the "inside" div to update of the initial view, the Controller method
should render the second view that will update your div into the first
view..

Hope this help..

On Jan 4, 9:39 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>