Before calling the save insert a pr($this->params['data']) and check
the values of your id's ..Might as simple a wrong initialization.

On Jan 5, 2:10 pm, "matt.babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, I did the Profile belongsTo User bit too.

>From the User model:var $hasOne = array('Profile' =>
                        array('className' => 'Profile',
                                'conditions' => '',
                                'order' => '',
                                'dependent' => true,
                                'foreignKey' => 'user_id'
                                )
                        );
And from the Profile model:
var $belongsTo = array('User' =>
                         array('className'    => 'User',
                              'conditions'   => '',
                              'order'        => '',
                              'foreignKey'   => 'user_id'
                               )
                        );
I can call the data from both models and it gets displayed properly.
It's just that when using Users Controller to edit data from the
Profile model, the foreign key user_id field in the Profile model ends
up empty.  I don't know whether the problem exists when editing user
data from the Profiles Controller - that's still in Scaffolding as the
finished app will handle User and Profile edits on the same page.