"and Branch belongsTo Company (without that, there's no correlation
Company and Branch) "

and again you'd be duplicating information ;-)

how so? A Branch does belong to a Company, and a Company does have
many Branches - I don't get how that's duplication.

I would have thought having a user belong to both a Company and a
Branch would be duplication (which brings me back to my point at the
start!)

cheers,

Jon