Hello,

 I read in Cake's Global Constants And Functions chapter, section 3:
 http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/constants

 APP_PATH: absolute path to the application's app directory.

 But when I use (in controller) this constant it is empty:

 echo APP_PATH;

 another constant, for example CONTROLLERS works well:

 echo CONTROLLERS;

 result:

 C:\www\poi\app\controllers\

 It is bug or I am doing something wrong?

 I have the latest stable version cakePHP (1.1.12.4205) and default
 installation as it is distributed.

 I need it to get abs. path to my upload dir:
 APP_PATH.'/'.WEBROOT_DIR.'/files/my_upload_dir

--
 Michal Bilcik