Hi quincy,

Please clarify this contradition:
> I might point out (don't think i did initially) that i'm using Ajax.
> ... is only relevant ajax helper functions and i'm not using any.

If you are using ajax ***at all***, as I said before, Look for
$options['update'] on http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/helpers and or
in the api for the ajax helper documentation. The reason for "its not
displaying it" is (almost certainly) directly related to the absence
of the "update" param in your ajax form/submit call.

If you can't figure it out paste your view code (use the bin). Btw,
please read my footer, especially the bit about the irc channel :).

Cheers,

AD7six
Please note:
The manual/bakery is a good place to start any quest for info.
You may get your answer quicker by asking on
the IRC Channel (you can access it with just a browser
here:http://irc.cakephp.org).