Hi AD7six

I can see that my previous post wasn't clear :-)  I get the following
performance:

No cache, no requestAction:  6 seconds
Cache, no requestAction:     1 second
Cache, with requestAction:   3 seconds

The action called by requestAction is pretty light weight, so while it
steals about half the benefit of the caching it is still a bit
improvement.  It also allows me to dump a bunch of stuff out of
appController, so all of the admin pages are benefiting as well.

Regards,
Langdon