One of the nice features of Cake, is that it offers View-caching. At
least, that's what I thought, untill I really wanted to use it. It
turns out your controllers are completely bypassed when you use Cake's
builtin cache. This has the effect you cannot use any helpers etc that
are set from your controllers. BIG problem. Why?
Suppose you have a site that requires your users to login. Now you
save your users in a session, but you build a nice component and
helper for it to access them. Now it turns out you cannot display the
current user on the cached page anymore because you cannot access the
helpers. Or for example you want to protect access to some pages.
Impossible when you want to use caching.
It seems to me that Cake's caching was only build with websites in
mind that don't allow/require users to login. I think this is a BIG
problem for many web2.0 sites. Any plans to change this in Cake 1.2?