If I'm understanding correctly:

You will need to set up two associations:

in model equipment:

$belongsTo = array('school', 'area');

(make sure the school and area arguments above appear in the same
order as their school_id and area_id in the table)

On a related note, I'm not sure that's the best schema to represent
your data and the logic requirements.