Hi,

> Its giving me a error 404 with advert links now.

But does that mean that mod_rewrite is working now for your application? Adn
only advert links do not work? How do these "advert links" look like?

> Did you leaving the other .htaccess as is?

The other .htaccess only send the request to the webroot dir. In my case,
the domain is pointing to the webroot dir (as recommended for deployment),
so the other .htaccess files have no effect.

> Do you have a Business Pro Package?

It's a package called "1&1 Business" (not Pro) over here, but it should make
no difference. But 1and1.com might have another server configuration than
1and1.de...

> thanks anyhow but it aint happening.

Other hosts sometimes need an additional

RewriteBase /

in the .htaccess. You might want to try this (and experiment with others
paths than /).

Heiner