If I may, the quicker solution is just to fix the problem...

I've opened a ticket, with a fix, in diff format. Basically, (if sosa
reads this first) move lines 27-34 outside of the content div, before
it starts. Or, as the diff says, move the line <div id="content"> from
line 26 to line 34. I realize it's the way it is to avoid creating a
new layout for the home page, but it certainly makes debugging
harder :-)

I've tested this in the other big browsers too, so this fix won't
break anything.

There are other ie7 issues in the site, I'll take a look.