> However, I highly doubt that YUI is more efficient at selector
> based DOM manipulation as jQuery is. And even more I doubt that the
> jQuery devs have said this. There was some talk about benchmarking the
> selector engines of various libraries and maybe Slocum's implementation
> is a little faster right now. However it doesn't support as many
> selectors as jQuery does and most importantly doesn't come with the
> elegant DOM manipulation functionality wrapped around the result set.

Just FYI, and so no one thinks I'm just making up benchmarks:

"Today, Jack Slocum announced his new DOMQuery selector library. In
short: The bar has been raised. His library is very very fast. Quite
possibly the fastest available today."

http://jquery.com/blog/2007/01/11/selector-speeds/

And as mentioned at the top of that post, all their issues with the
YUI extensions were resolved, and it still vastly outperformed JQuery
(see http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/2007/01/12/domquery-in-response-to-
jquerys-response/ )

As for if the other features of JQuery compensate, I'm not qualified
to say.

Woody