Hi Mindcharger,

your System sounds like the Problem i have.
How do u create your forms? Hardcoded in cakePhp or dynamicly?

I have an additional component to solve.
- I need dynamic tables and associations. Like i mentioned above
- the next step is to create views/forms dynamicly out of xml
definitions

So u can have a full flexible application, with dynamic tables and
forms.
The easiest way would be, if the user is able to create one XML-File.
Depending on that XML-File the system creates a tables, associations
and forms to gather the data.

I am just gathering informations, if it is possible to solve this kind
of requirements with cakePHP.
Or i have to write the application in Java. :-/

So i think it would be possible to solve that issue with cakePHP.
I allready definded the "descriptor-table" based on the normal hasone/
hasmany/habtm... associations from cake.
Now i need to define a kind of autoform, depending on the xml
definition. So i only need to create one model/controller>/view for
all
tables.

Thx for your input!