On 2/14/07, John David Anderson (_psychic_) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> @Chris:
>
> "If you want to contribute some code that creates this functionality,
> many MANY developers would be grateful (me included).
>
> I could argue endlessly about MVC and why manipulating HTML in the
> [controller] is a bad thing, but that's a waste of time for all parties
> involved."
>
> I think I'd have to disagree Chris here as well. While many
> developers would be grateful for such an object, I personally feel
> its a step in the wrong direction. MVC places short-term constraints
> as a trade for long-term freedom. Its an argument that is not a waste
> of time in my view.

Hey John, firstly, thanks for fixing my little error there (I meant
controller instead of view).

I guess my point was that Cake is doing it a particular way, and that
is the convention.  Ranting and raving about conventions doesn't fix
them.

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

rallyhat.com - digital photo scavenger hunt
@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard