Seb,

I'm not trying to make anything complicated. I won't need file
permissions or anything, I will however want to authenticate to view
the files. What I'm trying to understand is how I would implement such
a thing in CakePHP. For example, I could use opendir() and list all
the files. All the tutorials I've seen deal mainly with displaying
database data. I guess what I'm asking is if it's possible to
integrate PHP's abilities into a CakePHP application in this case file
system functions. Are there any tutorials for non-database
applications of CakePHP?

(I know I can write a simple filesystem browser using just PHP; I'm
trying to understand how to use the filesystem for a CakePHP
application I want to build soon, which is why I'm trying to learn
it.)

Ted