One thing I am sure about: This problem is not related with the
"vanilla" CakePHP 1.1 validation. Im using "Evan's CakePHP Validation
Technique 2.0" (http://blog.evansagge.com/2006/12/28/evans-cakephp-
validation-technique-20/) and Im pretty sure theres a bug at the
validation class causing this behavior with multiple select boxes. But
I was not able to find it.

Norman