here is a small example:

in your main controller or better in the app_controller in /app

class AppController extends Controller  {
  function beforeFilter() {
    $this->set($menu,
$this->Categories->requestAction('/categories/getCategoryList'));
/* not tested - just as a hint */

now you can access $menu in your elements and even in the layout.

Siegfried

--
Siegfried Hirsch
hhS - Welserstr. 1 - 81373 M�nchen - (089) 5484 3564 - skype:shirsch