So I'm working on an application that has as one of its parts
accepting "leads" from external entities. We get these as emails in a
quasi CSV format (I'm trying to get a better format, XML maybe, but it
seems unlikely). I wrote some code in PHP to parse these to create SQL
statements to insert this data into a "leads" table --

The question I have  is this - what's the best way to manage this? I'd
like to do the parsing application in cake - basically a tool to
report what files are imported and which have yet to be imported -- is
there a preferred architecture here?

Sorry this is so scattered, I'm thinking I just want the parser to be
outside of Cake - but if I can think of a way to do it (or if you can
think of a way! *grin* in Cake then I want to do that.

Joe
--
http://joecrawford.com/
805-857-3951