Maybe I just don't fully understand your requirements,but... why can't
you have a menu that can map any menu item to any controller/action -
i.e. menu item 1 would link to pages/somepage, item 2 to
dynamic_content_controller/draw_graph, etc etc... It's a benefit of
Cake that URLs are so flexible, why tie yourself down like this?

> Of course it would be much nicer if the path would be /menuItem/view/
> subMenuItem but as the menu is dynamic this isn't possible (no
> controller with that name).

I'm sure you could achieve this by modifying your app's routes.php
file.

Woody