I'm just getting to the deployment stage of our application, and have
realised that simply checking out our application from version control
on the server is pretty neat.  However, the way I've got the
repository set up, my app does not include the Cake core (which is
it's own repository, as I generally use the CakePHP nightly SVN).

Now, I've seen SVN externals, but as far as I can tell they don't
actually include the foreign revision inside your own repository,
rather just records the foreign repository url.  Plus, I don't think
that this will store my changes to the CakePHP core in my
application...

What I'm really after is a way to check out my app, the cake core
revision that my application was using for the checked out revision,
including any modifications I've made to the cake core.  Is such a
thing possible?  Can anyone recommend a better workflow than this?