OK, I might be missing something here....

I have a form based on my model and this is working wonderfully I can save
records and edit them.

I'm having trouble in that I want to include a checkbox on the form that has
no DB field or model, but I want to use the value of that checkbox to do
some additional stuff in the controller when I submit the form.

How do I include this checkbox if it doesn't have a an assciated field in
the model and access from the controller?