On 2/21/07, jamieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi again [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>
> Eventually managed to get back onto this.  I am a little lost now as I
> don't understand why i would need to use:
>
> $uses = array("Users", "Projects");

You would need that if your User and Project are not associated. and
you are wanting to do operations on Project from within your
UsersController - looks like this is not the case

> My biggest problem is the understanding of AJAX and how models work
> together within AJAX operations!

The same as normal CakePHP

> Would the best approach be to have my Projects::Add inside my Users
> controller like Users::AddProject for example?

Yes because you are doing/wanting to do  $this->User->Project->save()
within the UsersController - the action for whatever you are doing is
still in UsersController.

But still this is not what you are wanting to do (but doing ;) )

> If i have in Users::Add the following:
>
> $this->render('projects/add/', 'ajax');

Try using $this->render(null,null,'complete/path/to/project/add.thtml');

Should work, and I presume that the form will submit to ProjectsController::add

HTH
Tarique