On 2/22/07, josesquared <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I'm new to cake and I would like to know how I could validate a
> password and a re-enter password input field in cake.  Obviously, the
> re-enter password input field does not belong in the database.  I
> tried using the invalidate function in my controller and it doesn't
> seem to work.  One, it doesn't throw the error message and second, it
> doesn't prevent my data from saving.  Basically I have the simple
> validation for the password field to check if it's empty and that
> seems to work fine.  The problem is that my code doesn't seem to care
> if the passwords match.  I've searched everywhere for a solution so
> please a simple tutorial will do.
>
> Thanks

Have you tried actually doing a comparison between the two fields
*before* issuing the model->save() method?  I may be wrong, but that
seems to me to be the best way to do it.

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

rallyhat.com - digital photo scavenger hunt
@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard