On Feb 23, 11:14 pm, "Oneill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here a dutch friend which needs some wisdom.;-)
>
> I am trying to build my own mini cms... Who doesn't... ;-)
>
> I would love to get my urls like this : /whatever/here/nice/blabla
> The most scripts I saw on the google group are too simple for this. I
> would like this to be eternal...  So as many things after /sdd/ss/
> after blabla as needed. So how can I read this out with my
> sitecontroller?
> Has anybody have a clue to this problem? My nodes database looks like
> this:
>
> CREATE TABLE `nodes` (
>   `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
>   `position` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `parent_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '#',
>   `visible` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
>   `pages_id` int(6) default NULL,
>   `module` tinyint(1) default NULL,
>   `action` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
>   `controller` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
>   `start` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
>   UNIQUE KEY `pages_id` (`pages_id`,`module`)
> ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
>
> Could someone please help me?
>
> Greetz,Stephan

why not use the pages controller? if you create /app/views/pages/
something/somethingelse/apple/banana.thtml, you would access that by
default with the url /pages/something/somethingelse/apple/banana, but
you can change the routes to make the urls however you want. It's then
quite easy looking at the file structure to know what is where (either
manually or by code).

If you need to add something to the pages controller (such as access
control checks) you can do that by copying the pages controller that
alraedy exists under the cake folder to your app/controllers folder
and stick whatever extra logic you need in it.

HTH,

AD