Hi,

I only once did a test with Flex, and I used Cake as the backend to
supply XML responses. It worked fine...
Provide an appropriate layout like this:

<?php header('Content-type: text/xml'); ?>
<?php echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>'; ?>
<?php echo $content_for_layout; ?>

and generate the XML in your view, just like you would do with HTML.
Never used AMFPHP...

greets,

f.