On 3/2/07, Petry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'm a brazilian developer an I have a problem with singular and plural
> rules:
>
> The word "Noticia" the plural form is "Noticias" (words ending by
> "ia", the plural form is "ias")
> The word "Album" the plural form is "Albuns" (words ending by "m", the
> plural form is "ns")
>
> Well for these cases, I've create in inflections.php two rules:
>
> $pluralRules = array('/(.*)m$/i' => '\1ns', '/(.*)ia$/i' => '\1ias');
>
> $singularRules = array('/(.*)ns$/i' => '\1m','/(.*)ias$/i' => '\1a');
>
> but when I create the MVC files with bake, for the word "Noticia",
> bake writes "Noticium"
>
> Why can i fix this problem?

I think that, apart from the rules that you specify,  there are also some
default rules.    For example,  i've noticed that  'data' is turned
into 'datum' ,
which is very similar to what happens to your 'noticia'-->'noticium'.
I might be mistaken (becuse i'm a newbie and have very little understanding
on the CakePHP internals) but : probably the inflector is using the first rule
it finds , and for 'noticia' it happens to apply some default rule
instead of the
one that you've specified.

Have you tried to add to irregularPlurals 'noticia'=>'noticias' ?   The words
defined this way are supposed to bypass the rules.

--
Adrian Maier