Hi there,

with Revision 4569 of dbo_mysql.php Strings are escaped with a ' at
the start and end of the string when calling the value() function (see
https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/2074).

Unfortunately Sanitize::clean() calles DboMysql::value() for every
value it works on. If the value is a string, DboMysql::value() wraps
it with apostrophes. I think this isn't intended in this case.

My workaround for now is to strip the apostrophes manually but that's
quite annoying. It would be possible to remove the call to
DboMysql::value() from Sanitize::clean() but that's not the clean
solution.

Can anyone tell me:

- is this really a feature, not a bug?
- is there a chance to get this fixed by the CakePHP team?
- or have I fix it myself everytime I update the CakePHP core from
SVN?

Marcus