hi,

i am trying to make the contents of one drop-down box dependent on the
contents of another using AJAX (prototype.js) in cake 1.1.13.

I have it working so that a new dropdown appears when i select a value
in the first dropdown:

<?php echo $html->selectTag('Review/cruiseline', $cruise_lines, null,
array('onchange'=>'new Ajax.Updater(\'test\', \'ships?variable=12\',
{ method: \'get\' }, {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true});'), null,
true, false);?>

In my controller, I am just getting the value of 'variable' from the
$_GET super global but I obviously want that value to be dynamic and
equal to the value selected in the dropdown.

So the missing piece is passing the selected dropdown value to the
controller. Anyone know how to do that?

thanks,

lukemack.