Been playing with it a bit my self (and submitted a patch to nate)  but try this

$this->Email->Controller->set();

I'm working on tracking down why $this->set isn't working, but the
above should work in the meantime

Sam D

--
(the old fart) the advice is free, the lack of crankiness will cost you

- its a fine line between a real question and an idiot

http://blog.samdevore.com/archives/2007/03/05/when-open-source-bugs-me/